The comparably simple Hall of Glass is located between the Friedrich Building and the Ottheinrich Building. It was constructed by Prince-Elector Friedrich II, who ruled between 1544 and 1556. He had the facade segmented by the arcades in the style of the Italian Renaissance. The building was named for its magnificent second-story hall, once adorned with Venetian mirror glass. The individual stories could be accessed via the stair tower on the right side.