The first stateroom
The royal parlor was located on the ground floor of the Ladies’ Wing until 1619. Daily meals were taken here. After Friedrich V's rise to king, it was renamed the "King's Hall." This space was the castle's first large ceremonial hall. The fact that the wine could be pumped into the hall directly from the neighboring (Great) Heidelberg Tun is particularly impressive. After the ceremonial halls in the Hall of Glass and the Ottheinrich’s Wing were completed, the King's Hall lost its importance as the prince-electors' stateroom.