Where the prince-elector once lived
Prince-Elector Ludwig V, who ruled between 1508 and 1544, had already had a simple residence built on the right side of the palace courtyard in 1524. The Ludwig Building was three stories high and could be accessed via the surviving stair tower at the center of the building. Today, the entire left side is missing. Prince-Elector Ottheinrich had the entire wing torn down in 1556 for use in his new Ottheinrich’s Wing.